RPKI Tutorial - Amreesh Phokeer (ISOC)
The goal is this tutorial to provide a general understanding of the fundamental components that make up the RPKI ecosystem, so the participant can feel more confident when creating ROAs and hopefully, when implementing RPKI-Based filtering (ROV).
- Introduction to RPKI and its chain of trust;
- ROA Objects. What they are and what they describe;
- Exercise/Demo: Creating ROAs;
- Validation Tools;
- How a relying party works;
- Overview of routinator, fort, rpki-client;
- Exercise/Demo: Installing and running validators;
- ROA and BGP Validation. How it works and what it means;
- Exercise/Demo: Setting up ROV;
- Exercise/Demo: Announcing a ROA-Validated prefix
- The future of RPKI:
- Closing remarks
A minimum of knowledge of Routing and BGP is required to participate.
This is a hands on session where you will require a laptop.
While this training is free because of sponsorship, there are limited spaces and therefore a vetting process is in place to ensure the candidates meet the requirements and will attend the session.